This post may contain affiliate links. Please read full disclosure here. Thank you!
Saturday mornings are my favorite for a big breakfast. My husband usually makes pancakes, but I thought I would give him a break and make him my famous Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. This recipe is really easy and will serve 4-6 people. I love the Grands Southern Style Frozen Biscuits. You can use as many or as few as you would like.
1 pound Bob Evans Regular Sausage
2 Tbs. finely chopped Onion
6 Tbs. Flour
4 Cups Milk
1/2 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt
dash of Worchestershire
Pepper to taste
1. Crumble sausage into a large saucepan/skillet. Cook over medium heat.
2. Add onion; cook and stir until transparent.
3. Stir in Flour. Cook and stir over medium heat for about 6 minutes or until mixture starts to bubble and turn golden.
4. Start adding Milk 1 cup at a time. It will seem soupy but it will thicken up.
5. Add seasonings; cook, stirring, until thickened. Be sure to scrape the bottom while cooking.