This just in….
CLAWSON, MI (July 23, 2014) – Leon & Lulu (96 W. 14 Mile in Clawson) has celebrated authors and artists and will now move into the kitchen. Introducing Made to Eat in Michigan, an event where local food makers will sample and sell jams, jellies, hopin’ hot sauce, perfect pickles – basically anything baked or became to be right here in Michigan. Made to Eat in Michigan will take place from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, August 5. The event is free and open to the public.
“At Leon & Lulu we’re always on the hunt for new finds,” says Mary Liz Curtin, co-owner of Leon & Lulu. “We love discovering new talent and sharing it with our customers. We’ve had a tremendous amount of success with our annual Books & Authors event and our quarterly Artists’ Market, so we thought we’d host an event that shined the spotlight on Michigan’s many artisanal food makers.”
Come hungry and prepared to try some of the tastiest Michigan-made tidbits. Leon & Lulu has scoured the area for special, secret gems. Here are just a handful of the couple dozen vendors who will be featured:
- Birdie’s Something Chocolate
- Cooper Street Cookies
- Debra Foods
- Gus and Grey
- Imerman Cake Company LLC
- Joseph Wesley Black Tea
- Maria’s House Made Salsa & BBQ Sauce
- Motown Soup
- Royal Oak Roasters
- Spanitz Brothers Sausage
- The Brinery
- The Twisted Pretzel LLC
- Treat Dreams
- Z’s Dipping & Sauces Inc.
To apply to become a vendor at Made to Eat in Michigan, please visit: www.leonandlulu.com/madetoeat. Please visit www.leonandlulu.com for a complete list of events.
Forthcoming Events at Leon & Lulu:
- July 24 – American Red Cross Blood Drive 1-7 p.m.
- August 5 – Made to Eat in Michigan 6-8 p.m.
- August 24 & 25 – Artists’ Market (11 a.m.-5 Sunday; 3-8 p.m. Monday)
- Sept. 6 & 7 – Leon & Lulu Fashion Weekend: Stylists from Comfy clothing, Ayala Bar jewelry and Anne Marie Chagnon jewelry will give complimentary in-store style consultations Sept. 6. Girls’ Day Out Fall Fashion Show 1-3 p.m. Sept. 7
- Sept. 14 – Leon & Lulu team supports AIDS Walk Detroit
- Sept. 19 – Design Night 6-8 p.m. October 7 – Girls’ Night Out: Thanks for the Mammaries to benefit the Karmanos Cancer Institute 6-8 p.m.
- Oct. 16 – Design Night 6-8 p.m.
- Oct. 26 – Books & Authors 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
About Leon & Lulu:
Leon & Lulu is a destination lifestyle store featuring an eclectic mix of upscale furniture, unforgettable gifts, and accessories in an environment unlike any other. Located in the historic Ambassador Roller Rink in Clawson, Michigan, Leon & Lulu offers 15,000-square feet of fabulous shopping, with a new 7,800-square feet expansion into the neighboring Old Clawson Theatre slated to open this spring. Locally owned and family run, Leon & Lulu prides itself in providing a fun, welcoming atmosphere, serving hot coffee, cookies and popcorn – often via roller skates – to visiting patrons. For more information, or to shop online, please visit www.leonandlulu.com.