I received a sample of babyganics sunscreen in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed here are honest and my own!
I have always been a fan of the easiest way to apply sunscreen on kids that have been sloshing around on the beach and water. It’s also difficult to try to reapply sunscreen every 80 minutes (as is suggested on most sunscreen products). What’s the easiest thing for a skin loving mom to do? Use my favorite wet skin kids spray for sunscreen. You spray it tell them to turn and spray again. Simple as that.
Then I started hearing that The Food and Drug Administration announced that it was:
“Investigating the potential risks of spray sunscreens. Of particular concern to us is the possibility that people might accidentally breathe in the ingredients, a risk that’s greatest in children, who—as any parent knows—are more likely to squirm around when they’re being sprayed….Don’t use sprays on children, unless you have no other product available. In that case, spray the sunscreen onto your hands and rub it on. As with all sunscreens, be especially careful on the face, taking care to avoid the eyes and mouth…for now until more research is done about possible chemicals kids may be taking into their lungs…It recommends parents put spray-on sunscreens on hold and wait for a FDA study on chemicals found in spray-on sunscreens that may contain small particles known to cause developmental problems in animals’ lungs.”
This statement stopped me dead in my tracks. I was no longer going to be spraying my kids with sunscreen (even if it was the easy peasy thing to do).
Right about the same time the statement came out from the FDA, I received a sample of babyganics mineral based sunscreen with a 50+ SPF & a sunscreen stick. I wanted to use it for the hottest part of summer to see how it added up to the other sunscreen.
- It goes on very thick, but is creamy in consistency so its easier to blend in.
- No fragrances or parabens, which is great to use on all kids from 6 months on up.
- Its tear free, so you won’t have to worry about crying on the first 15 minutes at the beach.
- It has a NeoNourish Natural Seed Oil, which is designed to help nurture the unique needs of a babes skin. Natural tomato, Sunflower, Cranberry, Black Cumin & Red Raspberry Seed oils help deliver antioxidant protection.
- They also have the sunscreen stick which goes on white, but is great for the face so you can see the areas you missed before blending it in.
I have to say I am a believer, as well as my 2 & 5-year-old. Babyganics has a new customer. I have now transitioned to a more natural approach for my whole family with food, products we use on our body, and the use of YL Essential Oils. I’m happy to bring along a new brand to the family. babyganics sells over 60+ products from bath to hand hygiene products and can be found at Target, Meijer, CVS, and more.