With the days getting shorter, it’s hard to find enough time to cross the gifts off your list for this year’s holiday shopping. The key to maximizing the time spent shopping this year can be as simple as bringing snacks to maintain focus and energy during a busy shopping routine. These 5 energizing snacks help make the holiday shopping scramble easier:
- Energy Water: Thirst-quenching and energy boosting, energy waters provide a refreshing way to hydrate. HYDRIVE Energy Water combines the light flavor and taste of a vitamin-enhanced water with the boost of an energy drink for only 30 calories without a sugar crash. With a re-sealable cap, these are easy to bring along shopping for a quick burst of energy.
- Almonds: Emerald 100 Calorie Snack Packs are a portable way to get energy from a 100 calorie snack. They come in many varieties such as cinnamon roast, cocoa roast and vanilla. High in fiber and protein, almonds are a tasty and nutritious on-the-go snack.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is a great brain food to help boost productivity during a long day shopping. According to Science Daily, “flavanols — a key ingredient of dark chocolate — boosts blood flow to key areas of the brain for two to three hours.” Dove Dark Chocolate Promises are only 210 calories and can easily be stashed in a purse or pocket for a midday boost.
- Hummus and Pretzels: Hummus and pretzels are a healthy and wholesome snack for the 2 p.m. slump. Sabra Hummus and Pretzels Single Serving Packs are less than 300 calories and are high in iron, protein and dietary fiber. Easily transportable, these snack packs are perfect for quick shopping breaks when hunger strikes.
- Pita Chips: Better for you than those stale vending machine potato chips, Stacy’s Pita Chips are a baked and whole-wheat alternative. They come in great savory flavors such as parmesan garlic and Italian harvest as well as sweet options like cinnamon sugar and salted caramel.